Use Caution with Holiday Lights This 2021
Lights are a staple for decking the halls. When used improperly, however, they create a fire hazard.
Keep some of these suggestions in mind when decorating;
- Purchase lights tested by underwriters’ laboratories.
- Dispose of lights when cords begin to fray or look worn.
- Go over the instructions to know how many strands can be connected together. Use extension cords sparingly to avoid overloading a circuit.
- Use indoor lights indoors and outdoor lights outside.
- Turn your lights off before heading to bed.
- Hang lights with plastic clips, because nails can damage lights causing a fire risk.